Monday, May 07, 2007

Chipping Norton Beer Festival

The day of April 28th dawned bright and sunny, perfect weather for my first foray into an Oxfordshire beer festival. However, the reality of the event was somewhat different to what I had expected.

Admittedly, we arrived rather early, at about 2 pm. The festival was held in the Chipping Norton town hall, and for the first few hours I was the youngest guy there by about 10 years. The town hall had about 30 - 40 people in it for most of the afternoon, and they were nerdy bearded bespecled anorak trainspotting hippie types.

Only at about 4:30 pm did other people arrive in jeans and trainers who looked under 30.

Having said that it was good value and I got absolutely hammered on a North Costwold Pale Ale that was 10% ABV!!! I also got a sneak preview of a new Wychwood ale (the makers of Hobgoblin) called 'Owzat' which certainly tasted promising. Although ironically, the best beer on the say was a Lager brewed by the Cotswold company.

I would have liked to have stayed longer, but Nat was getting a bit fed up with pushing Lucas around the streets of Chipping Norton. Chipping Norton is a rather pretty traditional Cotswold stone village with good views of the surrounding hills.



Lucas enjoyed roaming the streets.. for some reason he got a major case of the giggles whenever I said 'Uh oh'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home