Tuesday, April 17, 2007

FA Cup Semi-Final 2007

In case you didn't know (and I'm presuming that most of you didn't) this year's FA Cup Semi-Final was between my beloved Blackburn Rovers and some poncy London club called Chelsea.

So thanks to Janice, I managed to get tickets for the big game. It was held on Sunday at the famous home of the Red Scum, a.k.a. Manure a.k.a. Manchester United at Old Trafford, Manchester (the semi finals are always held on neutral ground).

We were treated to driving up on the M40 battling football traffic, surrounded by truckloads of people movers stuffed full of Chelsea fans, as well as the ubiquitous Chelsea tractor of two.

The streets of Manchester were also lined with pasty white Londoners consuming vast amounts of Carling and Fosters, quite a sight let me tell you.







For the record, Rovers lost 2-1 in the 2nd half of extra-time. It was one of the best games of football I have ever seen... it was end-to-end stuff for most of the 2nd half, during which Rovers had Chelsea on toast. Sadly we couldn't make the most of our chances however, but that's football for you.

But at least the atmosphere was great. The Rovers fan were superb all afternoon, and my ears were ringing for hours after the game... similar to a rock concert. Old Trafford certainly has great acoustics.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Greetings,

I enjoyed your article and writing style and I would like to invite you to publish some of your articles on the Rovers.

Cheers,
michelle@sportingo.com

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home